Photo and Costume Day
Sunday Morning, February 11, 2024 – South Suburban Sports Complex
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Showtime 101 optional, free, on-ice seminar for new skaters and parents (Register HERE)
- Cast Photos – Upstairs Photo Room
- Mandatory Parent Meeting – Mezzanine
- Parent/Skater Photo – Photo Room
- Costume fittings – Party Rooms, Rink Level
8:00 am – 8:25 am
- Check in at the front entrance and drop off skater at photo room. (No parents are allowed in the photo room except the parents that are in the Parent/Skater photo)
- After you drop off your skater, please stop by the information tables to check your skater’s name spelling, to view the previous years’ show programs for skater ad samples, to check apparel samples, and to ask any questions you may have.
- Proceed to the Parent Meeting (Mezzanine; ALL LTS and USFS skating parents)
8:30 am – 9:00 am
- LTS Skaters – Group Cast Photos
- Mandatory Parent Meeting
- USFS Skaters check in at front entrance
9:15 am – 9:45 am
- Parent/Skater Photo
- A-K group followed by L-Z group (participating parents with LTS and USFS skaters)
- LTS skaters get escorted in groups to Costume Fittings and may be checked out downstairs when done; those whose costumes are not ready may be checked out outside the Photo Room
9:45 am – 10:15 am
- USFS Group Cast Photos
10:15 am – 11:30 am
- Individual Character and Group Leader Photos
11:30 am – 11:45 am
- Stars of the Show, Graduating Seniors, Jr. Choreographers
11:45 am – 12:00 pm
- Adult skaters and Coach Choreographers (please arrive at 11:30 am)
Photo/Costume Day Guide:
- Skaters wear black skating jacket or plain, black long sleeve shirt (no cropped tops are allowed), black skating pants (jeans for boys), hair neat and off face.
- Parent/Skater – Parents wear dark black pants or jeans and a white button-down shirt/white long sleeve top for moms.
- Photos of costumes at fittings are not permitted. Posting photos on social media of show costumes ahead of the show is not permitted unless approved by the SOI Committee for show promotion only.
- Arrive ON TIME for Check-in – in front of Conference Room by Rink Main Entrance
- Sign up for volunteer spots online at ShowtimeonIce.com. Ask Volunteer Coordinators for assistance, if needed.
- Check spelling of your skater’s name on t-shirt back/Cast List poster
- Review past show programs and skater ads, if needed
- Attend parent meeting
- Pick up skater(s) when they are finished with photos/costume fittings. (If your skater is in learn to skate, we will have volunteers escorting them in groups to Costume Fittings or staying with them in the Photo Room until you are finished with the meeting, in case their costumes are not in.)
- Proceed to costumes in the Party Rooms downstairs.
- Program Photos will be available to buy online from our photographer after Photo Day. We will share the link to the photographer’s gallery and order page so you can check out group and character photos to purchase.
- In case of questions, please email us HERE