SKATER REGISTRATION IS AT THE END OF THIS PAGE.
PLEASE READ THROUGH EVERYTHING ON THIS PAGE BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM.
Please make sure that you read through the Registration Guide and Parent and Skater Guide before you begin registration. There are many new items in our Registration Guide including new waivers, Covid information, show cancellation and refund policies, fee updates, and more.
- Registration will close on October 30, 2021.
- ALL skaters MUST register by the deadline to be eligible for auditions day.
Dance ONLY Registration
If you would like to register ONLY for the dance number, please click HERE for your registration page. This option is only available for USFS tested skaters in DANCE (Preliminary – International levels). If you or your skater is Learn to Skate or Basic Skills, they are not eligible for this option. Dance-only registrants are not eligible for auditions and will not be cast in a group or as a character.
**NEW for 2022**
COSTUME MEASUREMENTS WILL BE ENTERED IN THE REGISTRATION FORM
Due to Covid restrictions, we will be asking parents to enter their child’s measurements in the registration form. This is something you should complete before you sit down to complete the online form. Click HERE for a video from our seamstress demonstrating how to take the measurements and an illustrated chart. Bonus – no more waiting in long lines during auditions!
PRINT AND SIGN WAIVERS
We have two waivers that will need to be downloaded, signed, and brought to auditions. You will drop them off at skater check-in.
Each skater will pay a registration fee and will pay the balance in January 2022. Each registration includes ice time for auditions, rehearsals, and our show weekend, the costume(s), a free Showtime 101 seminar for new skaters, a show program and, an autograph session with the guest skaters on the last day of the show.
If you have a skater that is planning on testing at the November 5th test session, here are the guidelines on how to register.
Learn to Skate registrants that are planning on testing for Pre Preliminary before Audition Day.
- Learn to Skate families that have skaters planning to test for Pre-Preliminary free skate on the November 5th test session will still register their skater as Learn to Skate/Basic Skills, and at the current level.
- There is a question in the registration form where the parent can let us know if the skater is testing and if they would like to be considered to be in both halves upon a successful test.
- Showtime on Ice will bill these families the difference after auditions. You will only pay the Learn to Skate rate at registration.
- If the skater passes from Learn to Skate/Basic Skills into Pre Preliminary free skate – congratulations! Your skater will attend the Pre Preliminary audition time on Saturday, November 6th (8:05 – 8:35).
Pre-Preliminary registrants or higher that are planning to test before Audition Day.
- If you are planning to test up a level (free skate only) you MUST register at your current level, not the level you are testing for.
- We will be monitoring the test session and will move all passed tests in our records.
- If you passed into a new free skate level – congratulations! You will attend the audition time for your NEW level (for example, if you passed from Preliminary into Pre Juvenile, you will attend the Pre Juvenile audition time).
Learn to Skate/Basic Skills/USFS below Pre Preliminary: $225 ($150 at registration and $75 due 1/15/22)
These are the following levels for this registration. The following levels will only be cast in ONE GROUP NUMBER in the FIRST HALF ONLY.
- Tots under 5
- Pre 1/Level 1 (Pre-Alpha)
- Pre 2 & 3/Level 2 & 3 (Alpha)
- Pre 4/Level 4 (Beta, Gamma)
- Level 5 & 6 (Delta, FS1)
- Freestyle 2-4
USFS Skaters, Pre-Preliminary and above free skate, cast in two groups: $350 ($150 at registration and $200 due 1/15/22)
These are the following levels for this registration. All levels are FREESKATE ONLY. We do not consider moves in the field tests for casting. The following levels will only be cast in TWO GROUP NUMBERS in BOTH HALVES of the show.
- Pre Preliminary
- Pre Juvenile
USFS Skaters, Pre-Preliminary and above free skate, cast in a group and as a named character: $400 ($150 at registration and $250 due 1/15/22)
These are the following levels for this registration. All levels are FREESKATE ONLY. We do not consider moves in the field tests for casting. The following levels will only be cast in ONE GROUP NUMBER and ONE NAMED CHARACTER in BOTH HALVES of the show. You will only fall into this pricing category if you are selected by the casting committee for a named character.
- Pre Preliminary
- Pre Juvenile
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION COSTS AND FEES
Father/Daughter Number – $15
The Father/Daughter number is an optional add-on and is an opportunity for a skater and her father to participate in the father/daughter number for two of the performances.
Dance Number (registered show skaters tested in USFS dance that would also like to participate in the dance number) – $20
This option is ONLY available to USFS tested dance skaters. Learn to Skate skaters are not eligible for this option.
Dance Number ONLY Registration – $75
This option is ONLY available to USFS tested dance skaters. Learn to Skate skaters are not eligible for this option. Dance only skaters are not eligible for auditions nor will you be cast in a group or character role. You will only be in the dance number. Click HERE for the Dance ONLY registration.
Show Cancellation Policy
During normal show production, a non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration. This non-refundable deposit represents a portion of the entire show fee. All final balances must be paid in full by January 15, 2022.
- Payment is collected by PayPal online.
- Payment may be accepted by personal check if arrangements have been made with our show treasurer PRIOR to Audition Day (November 6, 2021).
- If the Show is canceled PRIOR to Audition Day (November 6, 2021) – 100% of the show deposit will be refunded.
- If the show is canceled AFTER Audition Day (after November 6, 2021) – 50% of the show deposit will be refunded. This is due to the fact that casting takes place immediately after Audition Day and costume order is placed promptly after that date. A portion of the deposit money is used for marketing, setting up facility contracts, and paying director fees.
- If the Show is canceled any time after November 30, 2021 – 20% of show registration fees will be refunded.
During these unprecedented times, the health and safety of our skating community remain to be of utmost concern as we begin planning and producing the new season of the show. At this time the Showtime on Ice Committee reserves the right to amend the show policy regarding its format, the number of participants, and the casting process in order to comply with all Federal, State, and Local regulations and any additional public health notices in place for 2021-2022. Any changes not stated in this document will be advanced to all registered show participants later in the process via email and pre-event announcements.
Please note that we will abide by all USFS, County, and South Suburban Sports Complex policies regarding mask and Covid protocols. USFS, at this time, requires masks at all USFS sanctioned events. We will therefore require masks at all of our events including auditions, rehearsals, show week, and show weekend. This includes all skaters and spectators in the venue. We will update any and all changes as they happen.